Welcome back eveyone.
We are almost done with the 2022 MLS regular season. While the Vancouver Whitecaps’ playoff hopes are slim, there is still plenty left to play for here in the Guess the Starting XI contest.
Austin FC has been one of the most pleasantly surprising teams in MLS for most of the season but have slowed down in recent weeks, so it will be a good opportunity for the Whitecaps to continue their positive form and finish out their last home match of the year on a high note.
In terms of availability, Lucas Cavallini is in the squad once again while Andres Cubas also looks to be back to full health after picking up an injury last time out.
As a final note, we should have a special prize for the winner of the contest following the conclusion of the regular season, so stay tuned for that.
Ok, on to rules and standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, whichever is the correct match thread) before the lineup is officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- All this means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each half, the contestant’s lowest two scores of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.