Welcome back everyone.
Boy, this has been a busy stretch of matches and things have not been made any easier this past week by the Whitecaps’ health and safety woes. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how much easier it will get for the Whitecaps (as well as your predictions) on Wednesday as it will be touch and go to see who might be ready to slot back in to the lineup.
Obviously, I will endeavour to post all the pertinent updates I can in this thread, but I hope you can appreciate it’s a fluid situation! Best of luck, and hopefully the Whitecaps can overcome their road woes in this cup competition!
As of right now, here is what we know about player availability:
#VWFC availability for the #CanChamp vs #CavalryFC— Har Journalist (@HarJournalist) May 24, 2022
Cavallini and Godoy are back. Ben Alexander has been called up. #CPL#MLS
#VWFC’s Isaac Boehmer, Cody Cropper, and Jake Nerwinski have all tested out of health and safety protocols with back to back negative tests 24 hours apart.— Har Journalist (@HarJournalist) May 25, 2022
They will be available for selection in the #CanChamp vs #CavalryFC tonight.
As pointed out in the comments, because these matches can go to penalty kicks, we will count a 1-1 match that is decided on penalties as a 2-1 win for the corresponding team. As such, there will be no draws!
On to rules and standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, whichever is the correct match thread) before the lineup is officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- All this means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each half, the contestant’s lowest two scores of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.