Welcome back everyone!
It’s been a big week for the Vancouver Whitecaps, and it’s about to be an equally big weekend for the Guess the Starting XI contest.
The conclusion of Sunday’s match will mark the official half-way point of the season, and as such, this will also mark the end of the first half of the Guess the starting XI contest. Keep in mind that we’ll be deducting your lowest two scores from the last ten matches, and that will be reflected in the standings following this one, as we hand out the title for the first half of the season.
For everything you need to get ready for the match, you can check in with our match preview here.
A shoutout to CReimTime as well, who had a good last few weeks, and came ever so close to a perfect score (thwarted by Jake Nerwinski) last time out.
Ok, on to rules and standings.
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.