Welcome back everyone, I hope you’re looking forward to the first Canadian Championship matchup in the last two years!
I’m on the Island for this one and am looking forward to taking in Westhills live in person for the first time. It’s a big event for Pacific, but it’s also a match of serious magnitude for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Marc Dos Santos has made a lot recently of how much he values this competition, and after crashing out against Cavalry last time they played in the cup, another loss could be catastrophic to the team’s confidence. That being said, the Whitecaps are currently in some of their best form of the season and seem poised to field a strong lineup against their CPL opponents.
For a full match preview, be sure to check out Caleb’s work here.
Now, on to the predictions. For the first time in a long time, we have a new leader in the clubhouse! With back to back 20 point weeks, Amanda C has taken over the top spot and currently leads by nine points. The last few weeks have been pretty successful for many of you, and this has brought the competition as close as it’s been in a while.
Alright, enjoy the match everyone. Here are the rules and standings.
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread)prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.