Welcome back to Guess the Starting XI everyone.
It’s a big occasion for the Vancouver Whitecaps Saturday night as they host their first match at BC Place in a long time. This is also an interesting opponent to try to pin down as far as predictions are concerned, because there’ve been some big scorelines between these two teams, but also some pretty competitive matches.
The Whitecaps continue to have injury concerns to deal with as well, as Caio Alexandre, Erik Godoy, Lucas Cavallini and Cristian Gutierrez are all unlikely to feature. With that in mind, we should see a pretty similar format to what was trotted out mid-week against Austin, although perhaps Ryan Gauld is ready to make his first MLS start.
I’m out of the office (so to speak) this weekend, so I’ll have updated standings for you before the next match. As always, here are the rules, good luck and enjoy the match!
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread)prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.