Welcome back everyone!
I hope you’re enjoying the start of the second half of the MLS season.
It’s a busy stretch of matches for the Vancouver Whitecaps as they play Austin FC midweek before returning home to play LAFC this weekend.
The Caps also have a host of injuries to deal with at the moment, as Caio Alexandre has been the latest player to find himself out of the squad, and it sounds like it could be relatively serious, as he has already returned to Vancouver.
Roster limitations aside, this matchup with Austin FC serves as a golden opportunity for the Whitecaps to secure three points before they return home. Realistically, if the team has any hope of making the playoffs, this is the type of match they have to win and hopefully Marc Dos Santos’ tactics will reflect that.
With that said, let’s get on to the rules and standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.