Welcome back everyone.
As the Vancouver Whitecaps ready themselves for Minnesota United, many fans likely have their heads elsewhere as the signing of Ryan Gauld was announced early this morning. While this will obviously have a big impact on the team (and some of our predictions) in the long term, it shouldn't have any bearing on tonight’s matchup.
Both of these teams have been on decent form as of late. Vancouver has only dropped one of their last six matches, and Minnesota has been red hot after a very slow start to the year, with just one loss in their last 11 matches.
Robin Lod and Emanuel Reynoso are known commodities for this Minny team, but recent addition at striker Adrien Hunou has also been growing into the team after making the move from Ligue 1, and will be looking to build on his modest tally of two goals in his first eight matches.
For the Whitecaps, Andy Rose, Caio Alexandre and Bruno Gaspar all took maintenance days at training this week. While formally everyone is available (save national teamers), I’d be surprised if Gaspar is ready to start a match just yet.
A final note from me, I am away from my master spreadsheet this weekend, so apologies for that, but I’ll have the fully updated standings ready to go for the next match!
Without further ado, here are the rules as always:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.