Welcome back everyone.
Perhaps brimming off the confidence of a win over the Galaxy, not a single one of you picked a draw as the final outcome of the match, and as a result, the top points haul of the week was just nine, as Marc Dos Santos made a few surprise changes (and non-changes) to the lineup.
With that out of the way, we can look forward to LAFC on the weekend. The trip down to California has been a real bogey trip for the Whitecaps under Marc Dos Santos, as they’ve been shelled in this scenario on multiple occasions.
Their opponents are coming off the heels of a crushing extra-time defeat in Portland by a score of 2-1, and surely will be looking for some redemption against Vancouver.
LAFC was on a three game winning streak prior to the Timbers match, and currently sits 5th in the West. They are also enjoying the return of Carlos Vela to the squad, as he’s notched a goal in each of his last two matches.
For the Whitecaps, everyone outside those on international duty should be available, and perhaps it’s even possible that Bruno Gaspar makes an appearance, although I think it’s likely that he would come on as a sub before he starts a match. Caio Alexandre is also one to watch, as we’ll have to see if those abductor issues are still lingering.
Overall, Brian White’s time in a Vancouver shirt has been poor, and although I’m not necessarily expecting rotation in that spot, I think it’s something Dos Santos should consider.
Alright, on to Rules and Standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.