Welcome back everyone.
It’s been a bit of a dreary week in terms of Whitecaps news. Not only are the Vancouver Whitecaps winless over more than a two month stretch, but they will also have to watch their Canadian counterparts return to Canada while they remain in Salt Lake for the time being - not ideal.
At the same time, these struggles have meant that predictions have been a bit easier than normal, especially for this past RSL match. Most of you picked up the full 15 points in predicting the lineup, and there were a number of big points hauls. A shoutout to Tecate, who was only a Jake Nerwinski pick away from picking up all 25 points, so close!
On to the upcoming match, everyone other than Bruno Gaspar looks to be available (that is minus the Canadian Internationals) so this could see Michael Baldismio’s return to the lineup. The Galaxy currently sit third overall in MLS with 24 points through twelve matches, and are coming off of a 3-1 win over FC Dallas. The last time these two teams met, back in June, the Whitecaps suffered a crushing 2-1 defeat which saw them concede deep into extra time.
Hypothetically, this could be a banana peel for the Galaxy, or they could cruise to a routine victory, that’s why we make these predictions!
Ok without further delay, here are the rules and standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.