Welcome back everyone, I hope you’ve been enjoying the brief reprieve from Vancouver Whitecaps soccer.
Despite the tough loss back on Friday, Marc Dos Santos’ side will have the chance to erase those memories pretty quickly, as VWFC hosts the LA Galaxy in Salt Lake on Wednesday night.
The Galaxy (under Greg Vanney) have been one of the biggest surprises in MLS so far this year, as they’ve managed to make the most out of an aging roster, and currently sit 4th in the West on 15 points. Despite improving somewhat on the past few years, this is still a Galaxy team that prefers to outscore their defensive problems, so it could make for an interesting matchup against a pretty low-event Whitecaps side.
In terms of the Whitecaps themselves, it looks like Jake Nerwinski and Bruno Gaspar are still doubtful for the midweek matchup. Meanwhile, despite coming off injured in the late stages against RSL, it sounds like there’s a better chance that Cristian Gutierrez could feature. Additionally, Caio Alexandre seems to be dealing with some niggling issues from the past match. While this doesn’t mean that he won’t start, perhaps we could see the Brazilian be removed early in the second half, depending on his fitness levels.
Alright, without further ado, here are the rules and current standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.
Good Luck Everyone!