It’s been too long! Welcome back everyone to the Guess the Starting XI contest.
In case you missed it, after the seventh match of the season, prior to the break, we handed out our first quarter awards. A big congrats to Isabelt who came up clutch in the final match to take the title.
Obviously, there’s still a lot up for grabs here as the Whitecaps’ season rolls on. Not only is there the year long race for the Guess the Starting XI title, but we’ll also be handing out a first half winner following the July 31st matchup with Minnesota United. A reminder that your lowest score (or no score) will be deducted from each quarter of the season schedule.
In terms of this matchup specifically, Marc Dos Santos has looked to be toying with the idea of a formation change during the break, as indicated by the exhibition matches Vancouver has played (a 3-5-2, to be exact).
There’s also the inclusion of Brain White to consider. Dos Santos’ comments recently suggest that he could feature prominently, especially while Lucas Cavallini is away with the Canadian Men’s National Team - although he is listed as available for this matchup, and didn’t feature in the second leg against Haiti.
There’s also injuries to consider, as the Whitecaps find themselves quite short at the fullback position.
Updates from #VWFC for Friday:— Samuel Rowan (@samuel_rowboat) June 15, 2021
Bruno Gaspar and Tosiant Ricketts are both out.
Jake Nerwinski is listed as questionable.
Without further ado, here are the rules, as well as the standings to date in case you missed it:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.
Good luck everyone!