Welcome back everyone for a final time in the regular season!
Hopefully this is not the end of the Guess the Starting XI contest, as there’s a pretty good chance the Vancouver Whitecaps will have a playoff game if everything goes according to plan. The Whitecaps are in with a draw or victory at home this Sunday, and even with a loss, a lot of results have to go the other way for them to be on the outside looking in.
Obviously, Vanni Sartini’s men won’t want to leave it to chance, so I’d suspect that they’ll field their best possible eleven for this one. Centreback and fullback are really the only question marks in this lineup right now, although perhaps there’s the off chance Janio Bikel could make a start after a weak midfield showing on the road at LAFC.
In terms of the prediction contest, we’re still a big points haul away from any of the top three claiming the title. While the top three looks established, there’s a close battle for fourth as well. Again, I’ll look to keep this going during the playoffs, so the season is not over until the Whitecaps stop playing games!
Best of luck everyone and enjoy the match. Now on with rules and standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.