Welcome back everyone,
The Vancouver Whitecaps are just a single win away from booking their ticket to the MLS Playoffs, and that means we actually have to consider what will happen to this contest if they do indeed play a playoff game.
My thought would be that the same year-long contest should continue so long as the Whitecaps are still playing games, but please let me know your thoughts alongside your predictions below.
Caleb has you covered with everything you need to know for this match, although I have to say, I’m actually feeling a lot more optimistic about this one that he appears to be. LAFC has been a strange team this year, playing like a title contender at times but also looking completely disorganized at others. To me, that’s not the type of team you can rely upon in a big spot, so here’s to me actually putting my faith in a VWFC team to get the job done.
Alright, now on with the rules and standings, best of luck everyone, things are still very close at the top!
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.