Welcome back everyone.
After a barn burning affair at BC Place last weekend, the Vancouver Whitecaps are facing a short but daunting trip south of the border to Seattle this Saturday, where they’ll face-off against the best team in the Western Conference.
International duty is likely to hit the Sounders harder than the Whitecaps, who despite having to swap in Thomas Hasal for Maxime Crepeau, could field an otherwise un-altered lineup from their most recent starting XI. Seattle on the other hand will be missing a whole host of starters including Raul Ruidiaz, Nouhou, both Roldans & Xavier Arreaga.
The Sounders could still pose a big threat though. The Canadian rivals are coming into the match on a strong run of form as of late with three wins in a row, two of which have been fellow table-toppers Colorado and Sporting Kansas City.
This match, rescheduled from earlier on this fall, also marks the end of the 3rd quarter of our contest. This changed because of the inclusion of the Canadian Championship against Pacific. As it turns out, that match as a bit of a fool’s errand for our contest, as pretty much everyone had this match struck out as one of their two “no fault” scores from this segment of the schedule. Speaking of which, those “free weeks” from the third quarter are now reflected in the standings, so check that out. With seven matches to go, it’s still anyone’s game!
Ok, now on we go rules and updated standings:
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE (or more accurately, the correct match thread) prior to the lineup being officially announced, usually about an hour before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. You receive 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw, this doubles to 10 if you also predict the right score-line along with the result.
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 25 points!
- At the end of each quarter, the contestants lowest score of that period will be deducted from the cumulative standings.