As is routine for every match, we have our regular Vancouver Whitecaps Guess the Starting XI and Final Score contest. Let’s see how good you are at getting into the manager’s head and predicting how the game will turn out. In addition, we will have monthly, fun, bonus prediction categories, such as yellow cards, substitutions, goal scorers, etc.
How Scoring is Determined
- Predictions will be ‘valid’ if posted HERE half-an-hour prior to the lineup being officially announced, which means 1.5 hours before kickoff.
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. Receive 1 bonus point for correctly predicting 10 starters. Receive 3 bonus points for correctly predicting 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw.
- You receive 1 point for correctly guessing each team’s final score. Receive 1 bonus point for correctly guessing both teams final score (for a total of 3).
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 22 points!
- After each match, I will tally the scores and update the standings, which will be posted with the following match’s prediction article. I will typically post three sets of standings. First, the results from the previous match. Second, the monthly standings. Third, the first/second half standings (with your worst two match predictions removed).
Match #17 (San Jose) Standings
Match Review (San Jose Earthquakes) and Preview (Seattle Sounders)
The Vancouver Whitecaps pulled out a much needed victory. Combined with the predictable lineup meant a lot of high scores this match. The one sticking point was Ricketts instead of Teibert. Oh well. AshMan77 and elcapitano2 led with scores of ‘20’ which was one ahead of AtlantisB, IslandLife and Mykvechkin. IslandLife’s doppelganger Isabelt had a bit poorer showing. They still predicted one after each other though....coincidence???
LOL, I need a good conspiracy theory to make the end of this season entertaining!
No need to update the overall or monthly standings. We will keep that a bit of a mystery heading into the final match of the month! Keep everyone honest (somewhat).
This will be a short one as we have a quick turnaround and I have a busy Sunday!
Vancouver now faces Seattle in a rare Tuesday evening match. One might think that we see a very similar lineup to Saturday evening, but this is a short turnaround, so I expect some rest. The problem is, I am not quite sure who you rest and for whom. The most obvious is in that midfield with either Teibert or Baldisimo (or both) coming in. I wish they had Milinkovic right now. Dajome, Montero, Cavallini, and Milinkovic could be a useful front four. Have Bikel being a stay-at-home midfielder with Baldisimo shooting balls around the field. Could be enjoyable to watch with that Adnan overlap. I am getting ahead of myself. The big question on Tuesday is whether the Caps can win. Seattle has been tough, so it doesn’t look good. But, with this Caps team you really never know. Maybe our first draw of the season?