Welcome back for another season of our contest "Guess the Starting XI and Final Score". As always, thanks to former regular Spencer for starting this several years ago. Thanks as well to Arjon for the suggested changes to this year’s contest (so, if you don’t like it, blame Arjon!). Now, to summarize everything.
- Contest will consist of the CONCACAF Champions League matches against RB NY and Tigres UANL. If the Whitecaps advance, the final matches will also be included.
- Contest will consist of the 2 to 4 (hopefully 4) Canadian Championship (Voyageurs Cup) matches.
- We will keep track of only ONE ranking/standings for this contest, as there will, probably, be a maximum of 8 matches.
- If there are at least 8 matches, each contestants lowest match score will be excluded, meaning the Final Standings will consist of each contestant's top 7 match predictions. If fewer than 8 matches, all scores will, probably, be included.
How Scoring is Determined
- You receive 1 point for every player you correctly guess to be in the Starting XI. Receive 1 bonus point for correctly predicting 10 starters. Receive 3 bonus points for correctly predicting 11 starters.
- You get 5 points for correctly guessing Win/Lose/Draw.
- You receive 1 point for correctly guessing each team’s final score. Receive 1 bonus point for correctly guessing both teams final score (for a total of 3).
- That means, if you correctly predict the Starting XI, Final Score, and Winner, you can earn 22 points!
Additional May Scoring (Goal Scorer)
- You can predict one goal scorer for the Vancouver Whitecaps (if you post multiple scorers, I will take the first one you write as your prediction).
- If you correctly predict the goal scorer, you get 3 additional points. If you incorrectly predict the goal scorer, you lose 1 point.
- You can a) choose to predict a goal scorer, b) predict no Whitecaps player will score, or c) elect to not make any prediction.
- If you do not make a scorer prediction you will not lose any points
- At the end of each week, I will tally the scores and update the standings, to be posted with the next week's match thread.
May Results (Previous Match)
|Previous Ranking||Current Ranking||Chang in||User||Overall||Match 12 (DC United)||NON-MLS Match 5 (Montreal Impact)|
|Ranking||Score||Lineup||Bonus||Winner||Score||Goal Scorer||Lineup||Bonus||Winner||Score||Goal Scorer|
NON-MLS Standings (Best 4 Included)
|Previous Rank||Current Ranking||Change in||User||Overall|
Match Review (Montreal Impact) and Match Preview (Montreal Impact)
For the first (and only time) this month, the Montreal Impact versus Vancouver Whitecaps match saw correctly predicted scorers. Hmm, maybe this is harder than we thought! I added in the DC United match to the May standings, as Tuesday's contest in Montreal will be the final match of May, so I figured people would want to know the full standings going into that match. If the Whitecaps are unsuccessful Tuesday, this will also be the final match in our NON-MLS contest. Right now, AtlantisB has a strong lead (woo hoo!), but I hope we get to play on in that competition as it will mean the Caps advance to the Final to face....Ottawa.....just kidding!
With so much on the line, correctly predicting the Starting XI and final score for Tuesday could be very important. Whitecaps FC 2 played on Sunday, but they do not play next weekend, so we could see a very young lineup again. Of course, Robbo could surprise and play veterans in a push to advance in the competition. What do you think? Just as important, the Impact will have some decisions to make. They are playing at home, and did not play this weekend in MLS action, so they should be well rested and able to field their best XI. They are at home too, so they will want to show their fans they are here to win. How will this impact the final score?
Time to make your predictions.
KNOWN OUT (Will be updated as information becomes available)
Injury: Brett Levis, David Edgar, Yordy Reyna, Erik Hurtado, Christian Dean, Bernie Ibini