Reports on the Internet have once again surfaced around Octavio Rivero’s potential departure from Vancouver. This time, he could be bound for Uruguayan club Nacional, or if that fails their rival, Peñarol. Whether either one of these go through or not, remains to be seen. There was also a suggestion that the money being received by the Whitecaps from the upcoming friendly with Crystal Palace would be used to buy a new DP.
We have seen this before, as recently as a month ago, when reports surfaced during the Caps/Fire match, that there was supposedly a deal in place with Columbus with Kei Kamara coming back. As we all know, that didn't happen, and Kamara is now with the Whitecaps next opponent, the New England Revolution.
Stay tuned, as I believe these rumours about Rivero will continue as long as he’s in the blue and white. Kinda reminds me of the saga of a former Whitecap striker, who went back to his home country......
More From Eighty Six Forever
- Coffee with the Caps, Friday May 20
- Post Match: Caps improve to see off red hot FC Dallas
- Report Card: Vancouver Whitecaps vs FC Dallas
- Looking at the Data and Simply Laughing: The Vancouver Whitecaps After Ten Games
- Guess the Starting XI - Match Eleven vs. FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Vancouver Whitecaps look to wrangle FC Dallas