The Whitecaps have gone to Europe for the latest additions to their USL affiliate, WFC 2, as the club announced Wednesday defenders Elliot Green and Sem De Witt will join the club for the 2016 season.
The 22 year old Green hails from Lincoln, England, and most recently spent time in Sweden. Per the Whitecaps official media release:
- Appeared in all 26 matches in his second season with Ånge IF of Swedish football Division 2 in 2015
- Spent 2012 and 2013 with Lincoln City F.C. of English Football League Two, making 81 total appearances while recording 16 goals and 10 assists
- Graduated from Stoke City F.C. Academy, serving as captain for their U-21 team in 2011
Some highlights from the youngster:
Meanwhile, the 20 year old De Witt joins the Whitecaps from the Netherlands.
- Acquired from Dutch club ADO Den Haag of the Eredivisie
- Started all 14 appearances in 2015 with Fortuna Sittard of the Eerste Divisie, the second-highest tier of football in the Netherlands
- Made his professional debut with Almere City FC in 2012
You can check out some highlights here.
Remember, the season starts for WFC 2 on March 26th.