VANCOUVER, BC - The Vancouver Whitecaps FC2 announced the signings of three local players on Wednesday afternoon.
Signing with the club are defender Kaidin Chung, midfielder Thomas Gardner and midfielder/striker Terran Campbell. All three of the players have worked their way up through the Whitecaps youth system, and also have international experience for Canada at the U-17 level.
Campbell has already seen minutes for WFC2 this past July 31st, when he saw action as a substitute late in the 0-3 road victory over the Tulsa Roughnecks.
WFC2 defender Kadin Chung
- Born and raised in Port Coquitlam, BC
- 67 appearances and two goals with Whitecaps FC Residency in USSDA
- Six appearances and one goal for Canada at 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship
Chung, 16, has started 58 of his 67 USSDA appearances for the U-16 Residency team over the past three seasons, including two goals from his left back position. This past season, the native of Port Coquitlam, BC started 34 of his 35 appearances with the U-16 squad.
Internationally, Chung started all six matches for Canada at the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship tournament in San Pedro Sula, Honduras and scored his first international goal in a 3-1 win over Haiti. In 2013, Chung was also called up to Canada's U-15 national team.
WFC2 midfielder Thomas Gardner
- Born and raised in North Vancouver, BC
- 64 appearances and 10 goals with Whitecaps FC Residency in USSDA
- Member of Canada U-17 men's national team
Gardner, 17, has started 51 of his 64 appearances and scored 10 goals during his time with the Whitecaps FC U-16 squad in the USSDA. In his last year with the U-16 group, Gardner captained the team while starting 16 of his 20 appearances, adding three goals. Additionally, the North Vancouver, BC native also made four appearances with the U-18 Residency team.
On the international level, Gardner has received call-ups to Canada's U-15 and U-17 national teams. The central midfielder was twice called up to Canada on the U-17 men's national team camps this past year before missing the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship tournament due to injury.
WFC2 midfielder/striker Terran Campbell
- Born and raised in Burnaby, BC
- 82 appearances and 25 goals for Whitecaps FC Residency in USSDA
- Five appearances for Canada at 2015 CONACAF U-17 Championship