So, here's the deal - over at the Eighty Six Forever Facebook page, we'd like to make things a little busier than they are now. History has taught us that an incentive to get busy often helps people commence with the busy-ness.
Do a pair of tickets to Saturdays's season-concluding tilt against the Colorado Rapids count?
Located at 203-K-3 and 203-K-4, you'll be in behind the Curva Collective in the designated supporters' section of BC Place - a.k.a. "the fun area". You'll be standing, singing, jeering and screaming to your heart's content for as long as your legs and throat can hold out and nobody will be upset; indeed, you might get a few funny looks if you don't go a little bonkers over the course of the match.
Now, fair warning, you may have to deal with the occasional location hazard. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- drunk people;
- drunk people unclear as to who they should be cheering for/against;
- drunk people loudly belting out "OOOOUUUUUUUUSSSTEEEEEEEEED!" in a confused attempt to jeer the opposing goalkeeper;
- casual fans getting a first dose of proper soccer support and being scared out of their minds;
- casual fans getting a first dose of proper soccer support, trying really hard to be casual about it and coming off as pompous; and
- projectiles such as wayward soccer balls and, should a goal be scored, various food and beverage items launched due to the wild celebration.
Still want to be a part of what is billed as (and has a good claim to) the best sports experience in town? All you have to do is go over to the Eighty Six Forever Facebook page and tell us who you think is the Whitecaps' 2014 MVP.
Good luck (and watch out for game day drunks)!
EDIT: Thanks to everyone who entered. The winner of two tickets to the regular season finale is Marcus Bernardino! Marcus, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange your tickets.