- Striker Darren Mattocks has resumed full training after undergoing knee surgery on July 25th. Manager Martin Rennie expects that the Jamaican international will be included in the 18-man roster when the Whitecaps visit Dick's Sporting Goods Park to face the Colorado Rapids on Saturday.
- Defender Andy O'Brien continues to train hard after being included in the squad that defeated the San Jose Earthquakes this past weekend BC Place. O'Brien is close to full fitness again and possibly could make his first start since June 8th this weekend.
- Jay DeMerit also continues to train with the first team. The coaching staff would like to see DeMerit see some action in a suitable situation (i.e. reserves match) so they can better assess his status.
- Striker Kenny Miller has left the Whitecaps to join the Scotland team ahead of their big match against England at Wembley this week. Miller will rejoin the team in Colorado and is expected to be available for selection.
- Stiker Corey Hertzog, who was loaned to the NASL's FC Edmonton last week, scored the game winning goal in his debut for the Eddies.
- and finally Bryce Alderson and Emmanuel Adjetey, who have both been loaned to the Charleston Battery, saw substantial minutes in the Battery's 1-0 victory over the Phoenix FC Wolves. The win earned the defending USL PRO Champions a berth in this season's playoffs.
@86forever – for the latest Whitecaps FC news and updates brought to you from the Heart of Cascadia!